A top plate assembly is a machined solid-stainless-steel plate outfitted with practically all the necessary tank safety equipment for mounting on the top of a pressurised beer tank.
Approximately one out of every sixth beer produced worldwide has been processed in a tank equipped with one of Alfa Laval’s specially designed top plate assemblies.
The equipment on the top plate assembly provides the following functions:
• Compensation with gas for the change in liquid volume during filling and emptying (allowing the change in liquid volume by gas filling or escape)
• Control of the tank top pressure
• Protection against uncontrolled overpressure or vacuum
• Cleaning of the tank and associated equipment
Centralised placing of the tank top plate assembly secures:
• Better tank insulation at lower costs
• Easy installation at low costs
• Easy access and low maintenance cost
• All parts are cleaned during CIP
The compact top plate design and the use of dead weight valves secure operational reliability at a competitive price.